MANDATORY AND ENFORCEABLE CODES OF CONDUCT ARE OUTLINED HERE FOR COACHES, PLAYERS, PARENTS, SUPPORTERS AND OFFICIALS
The Club Code of Conduct applies to all of our officials, volunteers, members and supporters.
Coaches code of conduct
Coaches are required to sign the AFL Code of Conduct as part of the Level 1 Accreditation requirement. All coaches must be accredited to coach in our league.
Players code of conduct
- We acknowledge that;
- Play by the rules – the rules of your club and the laws of the game
- Never argue with an umpire or other official – without these people you can’t play football
- Control your temper – verbal abuse of officials and sledging other players doesn’t help you enjoy or win any games
- Be a team player – It’s a team game, treat it that way
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated – fairly
- Co-operate with your coach, the umpires and team-mates
- Play for your own enjoyment & to improve your skills
- Don’t use ugly remarks based on race, religion, gender or ability – you’ll let down your coach, team-mates and family if you do – & many such comments are actually now illegal
Parents, supporters & officials code of conduct
- Remember that you are there for the participants to enjoy the game
- Encourage participation, but don’t force it
- Teach that enjoyment is more important than winning
- Never ridicule mistakes or losses – supporters are there to support not downgrade
- Lead by example and respect all players, coaches, umpires and spectators – physical or verbal abuse will not be tolerated
- Recognise all volunteers who are giving up their valuable time
- Never publicly criticise umpires – raise personal concerns with club officials in private
- Don’t use ugly remarks based on race, religion, gender or ability – you’ll let down your family and yourself if you do – & many such comments are actually now illegal.