Lane Cove Cats are joining the state-wide Shoosh for Kids campaign. Let’s show respect to kids and officials by keeping our comments positive – remember, sport should be fun!
The general rule is if you haven’t got anything nice to say, not to
say anything at all.
- Be enthusiastic – but don’t scream and shout instructions from the sideline;
- Emphasise trying hard – not winning;
- Cheer and acknowledge good play from all sides and teams;
- Accept decisions from officials. They’re human – they make mistakes;
- Let coaches do the coaching.
- Always remember – volunteers run kids sport;
- Understand, uphold and support your club’s code of conduct.
- Allow your child to play for themselves. Let kids make decisions, on and off the field.
- Think before you speak – your words may harm others.
- Keep it fun – don’t take it too seriously. It’s not the World Titles.
Shoosh for Kids is a collaborative effort between the Office of Sport and State Sporting Organisations to promote positive behaviour to members, clubs and associations.
RECEIVE OUR NEWS
Join our mailing list to receive our latest news and support the Lane Cove Cats.
The Family Friendly Junior AFL Club.