Well done to all the Auskickers getting back into the season today. It was great to see all those returning pick up the skills again and those who are new how quickly they learnt the skill of kicking.
For those who are new to AFL, it’s fine to not understand the game at this early stage, it does make more sense as the season progresses. A good idea to help your child is to watch a few minutes of a game over the weekend when you get a chance – a lot of games are free to air on 7mate and all games are on Foxtel. Other than that, just get your child kicking a ball (any ball) so they get used to the action.
Just a few things to note as follows;
- Team List – I have attached the team list I used today which is based on date of birth. If you would like your child to move groups, please email me the change you would like made and I will try to accommodate.
- Facebook – if you’re on Facebook it’s a good idea to follow the Club as it will keep you up to date with what is happening at the club. There will also be different photos from the attached for you.
- BBQ – I will get a roster done this week and confirm with those who will need to ‘volunteer’ this week. You’ll only have to do it once (one person per family) in the season so thanks in advance to everyone.
- Registrations – I have put the link below as there is still time to register for those who would like to invite a friend to join in.
- Rubbish – please put your rubbish in the bin or take it home with you. We’re a community club and want to keep the place clean for the other sporting clubs using the facility.
Next week we will be working on the skill of Handball. Get there at 7:40am for a warm up before we start at 8am. We will go through a little longer like we did today and finish at about 9:15 so see you there.
Lastly, well done to all of the Award winners for this week, very deserving as some great skills, teamwork and sportsmanship on display today!
RECEIVE OUR NEWS
Join our mailing list to receive our latest news and support the Lane Cove Cats.
The Family Friendly Junior AFL Club.