The Lane Cove Cats Junior AFL Club seeks to recruit an energetic and dedicated Ground Manager who is highly motivated and capable of working under pressure in a diverse sporting environment. The role is casual but will have set weekly hours of 4-5 hours/week on Sunday mornings.
Work Type: Casual
Salary: $25 to $30 ph
The ground manager will be responsible for the match-day delivery of the AFL Sydney Junior competition at Blackman Park
This will include such responsibilities such as:
- Welcoming and acting as a liaison for Lane Cove Cats prior to and during the season at Blackman Park.
- Ensure that marquees and signage are properly erected prior to game.
- Ensure goal umpires are provided by each competing side and have appropriate flags and scorecards.
- Ensure all equipment (including a stretcher) for conducting the game is available before the game.
- To ensure the ground is set-up through the movement and placement of goal posts and padding and the interchange area.
- Perform the time keeper role.
- Check the availability of Goal Umpires, Boundary Umpires, Interchange Officials and time-keeping Officials.
- Receive any formally submitted objections, protests or complaints from Officials of teams.
- Accompany the Umpires on and off the ground and to and from the Umpire’s rooms at breaks.
- Keep a check on the behaviour of all Officials and supporters and to issue warnings for any misconduct or behaviour that is contrary to the spirit of the game.
- Collect all required paper work, including team sheets and scorecards.
Detailed selection criteria can be found here.
Essential: Working with children check
Desirable: Level 1/Basic First Aid
Closing Date 28 Feb 2018
Apply to LCC President
Phone (mobile) 0414987235
A references will be required and you may be subject to a criminal background check.
RECEIVE OUR NEWS
Join our mailing list to receive our latest news and support the Lane Cove Cats.
The Family Friendly Junior AFL Club.